Monday, October 21, 2013

Baby steps of my food photography

After a long soak, this blog is ready to sizzle. I am armed with a spatula and a camera, along with my trusty laptop. The next week would have posts about my cooking and its pictures. How did I go from being a multipurpose, could-be writer to food photographer and cook? The cook part is because the sous chef at home is on leave for a week, so it’ll be me manning the kitchen. The food photography has a more interesting story. 

My interest in food started dating my passion for photography during a Visual Communication class, in last September. Their lovechild is less than a year old now. She uttered her first word in January, it was of course garble, but it sounded so sweet to me: 


The next baby-book milestone was when she started walking on her knees: 


Like all babies, she could soon zoom across a room on all fours: 


Sometimes she tried to stand, but stumbled and fell:

To strengthen her muscles, I did what they tell on TV - bought Dabur Lal Tel (baby massage oil for the uninitiated). The shopkeeper gave it to me in some other carton though, since the box said Canon 600D. No results on the first day, in fact she didn’t take to the smell of it, so the stumbling was worse than before. Persistence paid off though, and she can now walk:

I’ll let you know when she starts running and speaking in meaningful sentences.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment